Monday, October 19, 2009

Neighboring Farmers

A Christian and an atheist farm two parcels of land next door to each other. The atheist challenges the Christian: "We'll plant our crops as we always do. You pray to God and I will curse God. Then we'll see what happens."

The atheist's crop yielded better results that fall, so the atheist asked the Christian "So what do you think of your God now?"

The Christian responded "My God doesn't settle accounts in October."

So when will God settle accounts with me? Next week? Ten years from now? Upon my death? Judgment day? This question may keep me on my edge - I have to trust that I have done the right things and not fear God's judgment. Actually, I need to alter my behavior - especially my thought life - to alleviate some of that fear.

This post was inspired by the book In Light of Eternity by Randy Alcorn.

No comments: