Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Stained Glass Windows

Eyre quotes Elizabeth Kubler Ross: "People are like stained glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is only revealed if there is a light from within."

When things are going well, it is easy to look grateful, relaxed, and at peace. It is easy to trust God when you have no problems. Yet during the last few years, as we have struggled with medical issues, miscarriages, and unemployment, have I "sparkled and shone" like a stained glass window?

Sometimes I have, but sometimes I have not. I of course have the light of Jesus inside of me, but I wonder if I let his light shine out of me. Or, do I hide it with my own human foibles? Does my selfishness cover His light?

This post was inspired by the book "Joyful Mother of Children" by Linda Eyre.

No comments: