Monday, December 22, 2008

Busy or Full

"Our days are identical suitcases - all are the same size but some people can pack more into them than others."

For as long as I can remember I have complained about my days being so busy. Yet, is my life really just "full?" Certainly I have a lot going on in my life - with work, kids, husband, church, hobbies, etc. Some of my daily tasks I have chosen; some I have not. All are valuable to me. I periodically ask myself what activities in my life can I quit, to try to control my time. I have read gazillion time management books and feel (at least sometimes) that I efficiently use my time.

Yet, I am "busy" all day, every day. I have very little down time.

For years I was single and wished I could be married and have children. I remember having down time back then, living by myself. I had an empty house for so long. Now I barely ever have an empty room.

Can I stop lamenting my busy schedule and call my days "full?" Will this change my attitude from discontent to gratitude?

No comments: