Friday, November 20, 2009

Toddler Bible Stories

Byers writes about the simplicity of Bible stories in books we read to our toddlers. Every night I ask the girls to bring me some books to read to them. They frequently bring me the same books every night. The princess books are popular choices, as are the various children's Bibles and other Bible stories.

I love how these books simplify the stories into just a few sentences and include colorful illustrations. The books do such an excellent job of condensing the Bible stories to just the necessary nuggets.

We have one book which tells the creation story:

Page One - God created the earth, the sun, the moon and the stars.

Page Two - God created Adam and Eve. They lived in a garden.

Page Three - God rested on the seventh day.

I know that version of the creation story omits the snake tempting Eve and their fall, but it is for toddlers. My kids have already learned those simple facts, because of these books I have read to the girls.

This post was inspired by the book "The Mother Load" by Mary M. Byers.

No comments: