Monday, April 25, 2011

Soul Care

Angela Thomas writes:

"Soul care is about replacing what has been given out. This is not aromatherapy or deep-breathing exercises.  This is not a facial or an exfoliating body wrap. ... This is about getting into the supernatural presence of God - the place of miracles and the place of filling."

Her statement puts a lot in perspective.  When I think about doing something "for myself," I think of getting a manicure.  Or a bubble bath.  Or a new outfit.  Or some perfume. 

But all of those things only affect my physical body.  None of them can directly impact my soul.  Instead, when I need to do something for myself I need to consider what I can do to help my soul.  And the only thing that can do that is time with God.  With His Word. 

This post was inspired by the book "Tender Mercy for a Mother's Soul" by Angela Thomas.

No comments: