Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Passion

Alcorn asks us if we are passionate about God and heaven. We have passion for earthly things: college football, the perfect lawn, a big bank account. Many of my passions have been short term ... I have gotten excited about certain TV shows, events that are coming up, games I am learning.

But am I passionate about God and heaven? Not really. I have, as discussed in a previous post, put very little thought into the topic of heaven. I have thought a lot about God, read about Him, relied on Him, etc. I have been a Christian for a lot of years. But, I think I take God for granted. I have gotten so used to Him being there for me that I don't get excited about Him anymore. Every time I meet a new Christian, it is always exciting how much he/she loves God. I wish I could re-ignite that passion!

This post was inspired by the book In Light of Eternity by Randy Alcorn.

No comments: