Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Guidelines (?) For Marital Dates

Like every other book I have ever read regarding marriage and family, Byers recommends that spouses go on regular marital dates. She even gives some "guidelines" for those dates:

1. No problem discussions.
2. No money discussions.
3. No errands.
4. Limit shopping.

We go on dates about once a month and should go on them more often. We are busy and do not make it as much of a priority as we should. But, looking back on the dates we have had I realize that we "violated" these guidelines. Of course I have never seen the guidelines before, so I have to show us some grace.

We have done errands and had many discussions regarding finances, our kids, etc. during dates. Now that I have seen these guidelines, I will try to follow them on future dates. We want that time to be special and help us reconnect.

This post was inspired by the book "The Mother Load" by Mary M. Byers.

No comments: